Often it's too dirty with food, and likely to jam recycling machines due to its malleable properties.
So why not kill two birds with one stone: use up your scrap backlog, and save the earth!
- Fabric Scraps
- Ironing Board/Towel
- Greaseproof Paper
- Cut fabric to your desired size (We recommend a fat quarter)
- Either overlock, or use zig zag scissors to stop the edges fraying
- Place fabric on top of greaseproof paper on your ironing board/towel
- Grate beeswax onto the fabric
- Cover with greaseproof paper
- Iron, spreading the beeswax evenly to coat the fabric
- Enjoy your plastic-free life!
For more detail, follow the images below or check out the in-depth tutorial in our Instagram Story Highlights.